.

Monday, August 29, 2011

f 1.8

My mail box was FULL the other day.  There was a little brown package with my name on it.  "Huh? What could this be?"  I carried my load of mail into the house to greet Carsen.  A few hours went by and I still had not opened that package.  Once I opened the box to see what was inside I gasped with joy!  With Matt away on a 8 day hunting trip,  working my three, 12 hour shifts while balancing a baby-sitter and training our new puppy to sit, I had totally forgotten what I had ordered.  I think you will understand the excitement in my next sentence...

MY NEW LENS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It came and I had forgotten all about it!  My 50 mm f 1.8 Canon lens was brand new and so beautiful!  After taking an online photography class, I learned about this lens that was priced so perfectly! 

This morning I dressed Carsen for his first photoshoot with the f 1.8.  I could't wait to try it out.  The sun was bright, dew was all over the grass, and Carsen was not wanting to look at the camera.   I hope to improve with some more practice. 














My favorite...Those lashes kill me everytime!  Carsen loves to play in and eat dirt.





I get that look from Carsen a lot...I know I appear crazy to him but I can't stop taking pictures!  I love photography and all the crazy challenges that go a long with it! 

4 comments:

Jess said...

YAY! :D

The one where he's shoving his dirty fingers in his mouth just kills me! Also love the one with puppy crawling in his lap.

Alissa said...

Awwww! Cute photos! I love his curly hair, are you sure we should cut it?

The first pic is so Carsen! I love his face in the photo with Sage!

I can't wait to see your new lens!

Amanda said...

I am so excited that you got your new lense!!! If only we knew that our kit lenses were ...ummm ...crappy from the get go:) Now we should do our family photo shoots we were talking about----or at least just with the kids.

I love these photos of Carsen. He getting so big. And his lashes kill me too. Good job momma!

I'm Cassie... said...

What a great treat after working the weekend and having Matt gone!

The first one is beautiful! I am with Alissa. That hair is too handsome to cut!

I also love the photo where he is sitting in the rocks and staring at his hands. It makes me smile. I wonder what he is thinking when he looks at his fingers like that?

The eating dirt one is too cute! I'm so happy you let him get a few mouthfuls in!

And Sage is so pretty. I really really want to meet her!